Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Late post, sorry

Went to Walgreens on Sunday. Got the free stuff from the ad. Nothing too interesting, except the service. Here is what happened. I did two orders with the chapstick and blister spray. I also had one pair of socks in one of the orders. I then realized that I forgot something. I went back through the store to get a couple cans of the tuna and craisins. Also, I bought the Pepsi that was on sale with RR's. I wanted to do the transactions separately, to use the RR's on the tuna and was told that I could only do 3 transactions a day. I pointed out that my orders were on different products. I was not even buying any of the same items. She still said I could not do that. Hmmmm. I asked her how that made sense. How could I not be allowed to go into the store and buy products. I could see if I was trying to purchase the same item over and over in separate transactions. It is a good policy to regulate people from shelf clearing. However, not being able to shop for other items? Does not make sense to me. I was not too happy. She said she would do it this time, but it was not allowed. Now I know why I usually go during the week with my "regular" people working. Grrrrr.

3 comments:

  1. CRAZY!! I bought those socks tonight and in another transaction used the rr for another pair, but than did not get another rr. They said because I already bought it and used the rr on it. when did they change that policy? My walgreends didn't have any for the flavor lip smacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They changed their policy a while ago, maybe even a year or more ago. It is a bit annoying. Not only can you not use the same RR to buy that specific item again, you also can not buy any products made by the company either(if they are to produce a RR). For example, lets say there was a deal that if you buy Apple Jacks you get a $1.50RR and if you buy Rice Krispie treats you get a $2RR. If you buy Apple Jacks and then want to buy Rice Krispie treats you can't use the first RR to buy the second and get another RR because they are both made by Kelloggs. It can get tricky sometimes for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should have said,oh that must have been my twin sister here before! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete