Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My comical Walgreens experience

So, I went to Walgreens today. Wanted the Goody hair barettes and holiday money holders, as well as a couple other things, like tuna and pop. As I tally in my head, I am up to about $19 with my first items. So, I think, if I spend $6 more, I will get a $5 Jingle Cash for spending over $25. Had to do it. I added in the Walgeens Energy Orange supplement which was $3 with $3 back. I was going to add a couple small bags of pretzel M&M's for my son, who loves them, and passed a sign for the big bags being 4/$10 with $5 back. That was almost as much as the small bags were. So, I bought the stuff I needed, which I will list below, eventually here. When looking at my receipt, it came to $37.36, and I got back $28 in Jingle Cash. Didn't look right. I realized that the cards rang up as $.99 each, and not 3/$2, even after I gave the girl the coupon from the ad. Not too different, but still $2. So, I go to the desk and after much figuring out, get back $2.08 for the difference. Now, I go to the car, and on the floor are 2 $1/2 coupons for the M&M's. So, back in I go, for another $2 off. Now, my total came to $33.28, with $28 back, so my total for all my stuff was $5.28. Here is what I got, finally.

4 pretzel M&M's $2.50 each with $5 Jingle Cash back
3 diet Dr. Pepper 2 liters $.89 each with in-ad coupon
2 walgreens aluminum foil $69 with in-ad coupon
8 gift sacks 8/$1 with in-ad coupon
6 x-mas money holders 3/$2 with in-ad coupon
3 chunk light tuna $.69 with in-ad coupon
1 Goody barettes $2 with $2 Jingle Cash back
1 Activ-on $7.99 with $8 Jingle Cash back
1 Walgeens Energy C $3 with $3 Jingle Cash back

I got back 1 $5 JC for M&M's, 1 $5 JC for cards, 1 $2 for Goody, 1 $8 for Activ-on, 1$3 for Energy C, 1 $5 JC for spending $25. Total JC is $28. I had the 2 $1/2 coupons for the M&M's. My total OOP for everything above was $5.28.

No comments:

Post a Comment